The school is named after St. Vincent Pallotti, (1795-1850) “The Patron”,
a Roman Catholic Priest, who through his profound spiritual life and his
service to the humanity, had a considerable influence on the history of the
world of 19th century. He lived in a time in which the foundations of the
modern world and of a new socio-political order were laid. The turbulence
of Napoleonic period, French revolution, publication of the “Communist
Manifesto”, the liberal tendencies, and the development of mass printing
were some of the events which characterized the times of Pallotti. In the face of such problems, Pallotti directed his attention towards reviving faith in God and re-enkindling charity among all people in order to bring peace and harmony in the world.
To resolve these problems Pallotti perceived the necessity for the formation of children and young people and got engaged in to various activities such as :- Night Schools, Elementary Schools, Professional Schools, Agricultural Schools, Art Schools, Industrial Schools, orphanages etc. In this way he tried to counteract the socio-political forces that affected the life of young people and thereby to restore in them the “image and likeness of God.” Besides, he had special compassion for prisoners, soldiers, the sick and the poor. He was also the spiritual director of several Roman Colleges.
St. Vincent Pallotti established the Congregation of the Sisters of the Catholic Apostolate in the year 1838, who are commonly known as the Pallottine Sisters. The good services of the Pallottines spread all over the world and the congregation strives up to the ideals of St. Vincent Pallotti in spreading the flame of charity.
Saint Vincent Pallotti died on January 22, 1850. He was beatified after a century in 1950, and on January 20, 1963, during the Second Vatican Council, Pope John XXIII formally declared him a Saint. According to Pope John XIII, he was “a tireless apostle, director of souls and inspirer of holy enthusiasm among children and youth.”